Sunday, January 30, 2011

Meal Plan for the week

I know, I'm not sticking to my once a week blogging. Ill try and be better. We leave Monday the 7th to go to Washington and I really don't want a lot of food to go bad so we are basically living out of the pantry and freezer this week. Its not the healthiest week but we always have veggies.

Monday: Pulled Pork, Green Beans and Potatoes Smashed
Tuesday: Taco Lasagna and Asparagus
Wednesday: Shake and Bake Chicken, Angle Hair Pasta and Sauce with Roasted Zucchini
Thursday: Crock Pot Philly Cheese steak and Green Beans
Friday: Potato Soup, Green Beans and Garlic Bread
Saturday: Out to Eat
Sunday: Tomato Soup and Paninis
Monday: Leftovers

Basically I have all of this either made or in my freezer. I might have to go get maybe milk and a few things. We eat a lot of green beans because Josiah loves them and I buy the big bag from Costco.

Ill post again for my shopping trip when we get back and my meal plan from the 15th-28th. Ive been keeping myself on a good budget of 125 a week maybe less, im trying to slowly work it down.

Anyways, this week is going to be busy so ill post when we get home from washington! :)

3 comments:

  1. OMG!! We made a budget yesterday and $125 is my amount for groceries too! I'm really excited about the budget, but the grocery shopping is the part that makes me nervous! I can't wait to see how you do and to get ideas from you! This will be my first week, so we'll see how it goes. Annie from MW101 has a blog about her budget with recipes! http://chickenstrings.blogspot.com/ She hasn't updated in a while, but she feeds her husband and 2 boys for $70 a week!!!
    Btw, I would love the recipe for philly cheese steak! I'm always looking for something yummy that I can just throw in the crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. --1 pound sliced tri-tip
    --1/2-1 whole sliced onion
    --1 or 2 red, green, yellow or orange bell pepper
    --1/4 cup of white wine or Chicken Stock
    --3 T Worcestershire sauce
    --favorite cheese
    --1 to 2 t of meat seasoning

    The Directions:

    --dump sliced meat into Crockpot
    --put sliced pepper and onion in too
    --add white wine and worcestershire sauce and seasoning

    cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 4-6.

    Its an Awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gals :)
    Have you ever thought of couponing? I know that it may sound hard or time consuming, but it really isn't and can save you so much. I started it recently and just wanted to share with you. krazycouponlady.com teaches you how to do it and even if you only do it 'a little bit' it will save you money :)

    Love your blog Chelsea and seeing your kids and how well your family is doing. I know you through church and RHS (I was one of the judges for Rodney's senior project, I am J.J. Collier's mom)
    Anyway, I check in once in awhile to see your sweet babies and I love the blog :)

    You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete