Monday, March 7, 2011

Clean Eating

Clean Eating. What is it you ask?

It is eating the way nature intended. You eat the foods our bodies evolved to function best on, and that makes you feel – and look – fantastic. When you Eat Clean you eat more often. You will eat lean protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats. These practices keep your blood-sugar levels stable and keep you satisfied. The best part is that if you need to lose weight it will happen almost without you having to try. And yes, you can have a treat now and again.

Best of all, Eating Clean keeps you feeling great and full of energy. In fact, you can forget all about the days when “dieting” meant feelings of hunger, lethargy or deprivation.

Eating Clean is not a fad; it’s a way of life. When you Eat Clean your body will react by losing weight if you need to lose, maintaining a healthy weight if that’s where you are, and even gaining weight if you are too skinny. But regardless of whether you want to lose, maintain or gain, you will feel better than you ever have before.

Never worry about counting calories again. You will never have to diet. Eating Clean will keep you lean and healthy for the rest of your long life. Eating Clean guarantees results!

http://www.eatcleandiet.com/what_is_the_eat-clean_diet.aspx

We are Eating Clean as a family and in one week pants that didn't fit, fit me now. I have more energy and don't feel hungry at all.

I have cut out things I love like:

Honey Ham lunch meat which is replaced with All Natural Turkey, Chicken or Ham with no added sugars or lots of salt.

Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies replaced by Chocolate Spiked Oatmeal Cookies found here: http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Chocolate-Spiked-Oatmeal-Cookies.aspx

Pasta Noodles replaced by Whole Grain or Quinoa Noodles

Sourdough Bread replaced by Whole Wheat Bread or Ezekiel bread

All of these things have been fairly easy to stick to. I also cant have sugar, pop, chips and other pre-packaged snacks.

I eat 6 or 7 times a day. I get to eat smaller portions but more all day long. I'm excited for this journey. I'm excited to loose the 70-100 pounds I need to loose. I'm excited to raise my boys eating healthy, home cooked meals. My mom has been a great role model when I was growing up. She eats great, she exercises tons. I desire to be the mom she was. She was never too big to do something with us and I WILL NOT be that mom. So heres to a change for me and for my family.

Ill be trying to post pictures of Clean recipes and there ingredients weekly and how things are going. This will be my accountability to make sure i'm doing what I need and keeping a journal.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelsea! I also have 100 pounds or so to lose. About 130 actually to be at my idea healthy weight. I'm only focusing on the first 100 though. I have the book CLEAN sitting on my desk beside the keyboard. I think that's great that you are approaching this as a family lifestyle. I'm struggling with getting my kids off the prepackaged processed crap. It takes a lot of effort and pre planning to eat well. I'm motivated to be a better mom as well. I'll enjoy sharing this journey with you. Now - pick one day of the week (Mondays for example) and commit to blogging at minimum once a week. We'll get your mom reading blogs yet. *grin I try to blog Mon through Friday daily, but I don't make it every week. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete